ok so my last blog wasn't so cheery...sorry about that.
I spoke to my dad today, who's away in america for the next few weeks :( and he said he was going to start a blog so we can keep up-to-date with what he's doing.
but it made me realise that I should probably write some more in mine!
so today you get to hear about Project Decoration!!!
last year I made an off-hand comment about decorating the study...nothing came of it. but when I was thinking about how to fill my 4 month holiday I decided that I would actually do something about it. Mum & Dad agreed (it was less work for them) and we decided that it'd be best for me to do it when Dad's away, that way I wouldn't mess all the computers up!
So Monday night Mum, PJ and I cleared the study and pushed the desks to the middle, ready for decoration!
This morning Grandad came up and filled the holes in the walls for me (just little holes...I just don't know how to do pollyfilla!) and then I spent the afternoon prepping the walls, washing them down, sanding down one wall that had chips in it, painting the ceiling and I also managed to paint one of the walls (it was painted in a darker colour so will need more coats of paint!).
It was a sucessful afternoon but also very tiring! Preparation is the worst part, it's not fun like painting is, and it's so exhausting! I know it's worth doing because it makes the job easier but urgh it is not fun!
Tomorrow Hannah is coming round to help me paint the walls :) which will be fun, she's finally finished all her gap year travels and is home for the summer so I'm pleased to spend time with her! 3 walls in 'Spring Blush' (white with a hint of lilac/pink) and 1 wall in Mulberry Burst (a plum/dark purple colour)...should be lovely.
On Thursday my Nan is going to come and help me do the gloss work- something I'm not so good at and although she complains about it I know she doesn't mind helping me and actually quite likes teaching me how to do it properly!
Anyway it's a good project for me to do, I've slowly been building up my decorating skills and I actually quite enjoy it; thinking about what colours and where everything will go and then finding the right colours and painting it and finishing it all off. It keeps my mind off things and I can just stick the radio on and work the afternoon away.
It does mean that I get to the evening and am shattered though!
I think that's it for this blog :) will try and blog more often and I'm sure I will once I finish the study and of course RESULTS are on Monday! Scary stuff :s haven't had the lovely nightmares about them yet but I'm sure they'll come like they did last semester!
Much love xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment